All Mine 2 Background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Like Whoa - NYE 2010

I decided to have a little shin-dig for New Years Eve this year. Here is me by the end of the night. No need for elaboration.

It's sparkling grape juice, mom
Moving on to the good stuff... I know you are all dying to know how I decorated my house and what kind of food I made. So for my first post of 2011 (that's my first 2011 of the year!) and in the spirit of oversharring, I am including lots of pictures of my home and a little step by step for one of the dishes I made.

I am in love with these place settings from Crate and Barrel. I got them for mad discounts after Christmas.

Shiny Snowflake Balls - 75% off at Target after Christmas sale

And here we have the bar area.

Check out the sparkle sticks in the cork vases. I love sparkles in a weird way.
 The menu for the evening:
Dates stuffed with goat cheese
Prosciutto filled with cream cheese, mint, and green apple
Deviled eggs
Mini Quiches
Ginger Champagne cocktail

And here we have my fav dish of the night... prosciutto with cream cheese, mint, and green apples.

Start with peeling 2 green apples (doesn't have to be perfect).
A little apple skin never hurt anyone
Next cut around the core and then into thin slices.

Then mix up 12 oz of cream cheese with some chopped up mint leaves.

Using about a quarter of a lb of prosciutto (its about 24 slices cut at .75 thickness) , spread about 1 tablespoon of the filling onto the bottom of each slice. I used an icing spreader instead of a butter knife.

Then stack some apple slices on top.


Lastly roll into a scrumptious snack.

Don't forget to put it on a pretty plate... it makes it look fancy.

Happy New Year from Lauren, Lola, and Dexter!

No comments: